CMU 100th Anniversary Commemorative Stamps BACK TO LISTSeptember 17, 2010
The Philippine Postal Corporation is coming up with the 100th Anniversary of the Central Mindanao University (CMU) stamps which will be issued on September 17, 2010. It is classified as a “Commemorative” kind of issue with a denomination of P 7.00 and quantity of 115,000 pieces. Central Mindanao University (CMU) is located in the province of Bukidnon in Mindanao. It is one of the two universities in Bukidnon. The school started in 1910 as a mere farm school known as the Mailag Industrial School, where the first four years of the elementary agriculture curriculum were offered. In 1918, the school was renamed Bukidnon Agricultural School and it offered the remaining three years of the curriculum. From Mailag, the school was relocated to Managok, Malaybalay, Bukidnon and a few years later, the school offered the secondary agriculture curriculum. In 1923, the school was again renamed to Bukidnon Rural High School. 724 hectares of land were allocated for the school's use through Proclamation No. 30. In 1928, the school was again renamed Bukidnon Agricultural High School and it served as the secondary school for male students. In 1938, it was again renamed to Bukidnon National Agricultural School and the homemaking curriculum for female students was implemented. Superintendent Zosimo Montemayor reopened the school after World War II but because of the devastation brought about by the war, the school was transferred to Musuan, Maramag, Bukidnon. On 21 June 1952, president Elpidio Quirino signed Republic Act 807, converting the Bukidnon National Agricultural School into the Mindanao Agricultural College, and installing Montemayor as its president. From 1957–1960, Stanford consultants James Wall, Donald Green and John McLeland provided the college with assistance in agricultural technology. President Carlos P. Garcia issued Proclamation No. 476 in 1958 granting 3,401 hectares of land to the school. Titling of the land was begun in 1961 to determine adverse claimants. On 19 June 1965, the college was finally changed to Central Mindanao University (CMU), retaining Montemayor as its president. In 1974, the 321.9 hectares of land were segregated and given to legitimate claimants through the 1971 Cadastral Court decision. CMU was granted title for only 3,080 hectares of land. The technical description of the 100th Anniversary of CMU stamps are as follows: Kind of Issue: Commemorative Denominations and Quantity: Php7.00 / 115,000 pieces Date of Issue: September 17, 2010 Last date of Sale: September 16, 2011 (as stocks allow) Sheet Composition: 40 Size: 40 mm x 30 mm Perforation: 14 Printing: Litho offset (4 colors) Paper: Imported Unwatermarked Printer: Amstar Company, Inc. Design Coordinator: Dr. Ngo Tiong Tak Victorino Serevo Design: Stamp 1: Facade of Central Mindanao University with Mt. Musuan in the background Stamp 2: Administration Building likewise with Mt Musuan in the background Musuan, Bukidnon, Philippines.